The Work Experience Grant constitutes substantial funding by FoodBev SETA of the cost of training employees and unemployed persons on a work experience programme. As such, it is necessary that clear qualifying criteria for work experience grants are set out, and that employers are enjoined to adhere to the Skills Development Act and relevant regulations in the implementation of work experience programmes.
- The employer must be registered with FoodBev SETA (have a valid SDL number that is registered with FoodBev SETA)
- The employer must be up-to-date with levy contributions unless exempted from paying levies (proof of exemption must be submitted)
- The employer must have qualified for Mandatory Grants in the previous or current financial year (Workplace Skills Plan and Annual Training Report) if employing more than 50 employees
- If an employer has previously participated in the Work Experience Grant, the track record of the employer with regards to the implementation of work experience programmes will be taken into consideration
- The application must be for a student or students recruited and contracted during the current FoodBev SETA financial year
- Work Experience Grant Funding Agreements must be submitted to FoodBev SETA within 3 months of receipt of the grant approval letter, unless otherwise agreed upon between the company and FoodBev SETA
- The employer must deliver a signed Work Experience Grant Funding Agreement to FoodBev SETA prior to the commencement of the Work Experience programme
- The duration of the Work Experience programme must be:
: 6 months (proof from FET/HET - only applicable to in-service training students) OR
: 12 months
- Employers applying for grant funding must adhere with at least two of the following equity profile requirements: 85% black, 54% women, 4% disabled.
Failure to comply with any one or more of the above qualifying criteria on submission of a grant application may automatically disqualify an application for grant funding.
|Grant value:||See Annexure A of the Work Experience Grant Policy|
Page Created: Thursday, March 25, 2010