Mission and Vision
FoodBev SETAs function is to promote, facilitate and incentivise skills development in the food and beverages manufacturing sector.
FoodBev SETA is one of 21 sector education and training authorities (SETAs) across the economy mandated to put the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS)
The purpose of the SETAs is described in the Skills Development Act (SDA) which aims to:
- develop the skills of the South African workforce;
- improve the quality of life of workers and their prospects of work;
- improve productivity in the workplace and the competitiveness of employers; and
- promote self-employment.
To have sufficient and appropriate knowledge and skills available in the Food and Beverage Manufacturing Sector.
The stakeholders of the food and beverages manufacturing sector are committed to ensuring that:
- o relevant and quality learning standards and qualifications are available in this sector;
- o a high quality of learning provision is maintained in this sector, and
- o access to knowledge and skills is improved for all in the sector.
- Service excellence: take pride in satisfying stakeholder needs.
- Accountability: accept responsibility and delivering on our commitments.
- Integrity: we act with integrity in all we do (doing what’s right).
- Respect: deliver on our commitments with the utmost respect towards our stakeholders.
- Performance: high performing organization.
- People: to mobilise and obtain the full potential of our valuable assets, our people.
- Stakeholder engagement: proactively engage our stakeholders in order to understand their requirements. and maintain a mutually beneficial relationship through open and transparent communication.