Mission and Vision
FoodBev SETAs function is to promote, facilitate and incentivise skills development in the food and beverages manufacturing sector.
FoodBev SETA is one of 21 sector education and training authorities (SETAs) across the economy mandated to put the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS)
The purpose of the SETAs is described in the Skills Development Act (SDA) which aims to:
- develop the skills of the South African workforce;
- improve the quality of life of workers and their prospects of work;
- improve productivity in the workplace and the competitiveness of employers; and
- promote self-employment.
To have sufficient and appropriate knowledge and skills available in the food and beverages manufacturing sector in order to contribute to:
- the growth and development of the sector;
- a safe, healthy, productive and competitive industry;
- the promotion of access to quality education and training for to participate in work and life, and
- the redress of past inequalities in education and training.
The stakeholders of the food and beverages manufacturing sector are committed to ensuring that:
- relevant and quality learning standards and qualifications are available in this sector;
- a high quality of learning provision is maintained in this sector, and
- access to knowledge and skills is improved for all in the sector.